Internet Explorer users may want to set Shared Shelf Commons as a “Trusted Site” in their browser settings.
- Open a new Internet Explorer browser window.
- In the browser toolbar, click Tools > Internet Options… For IE 7 users, the Tools option is located in the upper right corner of the window.
- In the window that opens, click the “Security” tab.
- Click the green “Trusted Sites” icon that appears at the top of the window. Then, click Sites.
- In the new window that opens, un-check the box next to “Require server verification (https) for all sites in this zone,” which is located in the bottom of the window.
- Enter *.sscommons.org and *.sscommons.net in the field under “Add this web site to the zone.”
- Click Add, so that the Shared Shelf Commons URL appears in the list of “Web sites.” Click OK to exit the window.
Firefox will allow users to add trusted sites but still caps the number of popups allowed from any one site (usually at 20). To remedy this open a Firefox browser window and in the URL bar type about:config . Filter for dom.popup_maximum . Double-click this line and enter a new maximum, such as 1,000 or more.