- On the front page of Shared Shelf Commons, the Keyword Search box is located in the upper left corner.
- OR Go to the SSC navigation menu and click Find>Search
- OR On a search results page, the Keyword Search box is located in the upper right corner.
- Enter your keyword(s) in the search box and click Go. SSC will return results that include all of your search terms, so there is no need to include “and” between terms.
- Want to use wildcards or shortcuts? For a complete list, as well as other suggestions for keyword searching, please see the Search tips below.
- Your search results will be returned as thumbnails.
Please note: You may receive a message that the search has retrieved more than 1,000 results. View the first 1,000 images by clicking View results, or, refine your query by clicking the Advanced Search button.
- Further refine your search by using the Keyword Search box in the upper right corner. Enter another search term and from the drop-down options choose Within this search result. Click Go.
- Filter by selecting classifications, geographic locations, or dates, when applicable.
- Looking for a certain collection? You may also use specific search phrases to isolate images from a particular collection. For a complete list, please see: Searching Collections.