When you run a keyword search, options will appear along with your search results page. At this time users can filter by one of sixteen Artstor classifications, geographical area or country, and date range.
Steps to filter your search results
- Run a keyword search.
- The results will be returned as thumbnails with a faceted search panel and a graphical timeline.
- Classification filter: This filter will display the ARTstor classifications represented in your search results. To narrow your results to one specific classification, click the name of the classification. The thumbnails will reload, including only the filtered results.
- Geography filter: This filter will display the geographical areas or countries represented in your search results. To narrow your results to one specific area or country, click the name of the location. Once you select the location the thumbnails will reload, including only those results.
- Date range filter: This filter will display the earliest and latest dates represented in your search results. To narrow the date range, drag the end-markers from either side of the time line to adjust the included dates or type new dates in the beginning and end date boxes at either end of the timeline.
- To clear the Classification or Geography filters click Clear next to the filter heading.
- To hide the filter click Hide filter panel in the beige bar along the top of your search results to collapse the panel.
Please note: The date range timeline will not appear if your search returns over 1,000 results or if the timeline of results is greater than 10,000 years.