View embedded metadata for a downloaded image on a PC
- Open the image using photo editing software such as GIMP (free download here) or Photoshop (Photoshop CS2 free download here).
- Go to File > Properties and view the advanced properties tab for full metadata.
View embedded metadata for a downloaded image on a Mac
- Double click an image thumbnail to open it in the Image viewer.
- Click the download image icon .
- Once the download is complete, locate your file in your computer’s file directory and right or ctrl +click and choose Get Info (Mac). Under the More Info section of this panel you will find embedded metadata for the image including Title, Dimensions, color space and description.
Download metadata as html file from thumbnail data
- On the thumbnail page, click the metadata under an image thumbnail. Then, at the bottom of this window click Download Information.
- The html file will open displaying metadata for the image.
Download metadata from the Image Viewer window
- Double click an image thumbnail to open it in the Image Viewer
- At the bottom of this window click the show data icon. The Image Information banner will include a link to Download Information.
- Clicking on Download Information will show a popup window offering the option to open the html file or save the file; choose one.